Visa Extension for Lao PDR
- As of September 2010, you cannot extend visa for Lao PDR.
- You need to go out from the border once and come back again to get a new visa for Lao PDR.
For those who intend to stay longer than 30 days and from other than specified 42 areas, it is necessary to obtain visa from the Thai Consulate in advance.
We recommend all tourists to contact to the Thai Consulate (or checking Internet information) before going to the border checkpoint since the visa conditions are well varied.
Royal Thai Consulate-General, Savannakhet, Thahea road, Sayaphum village, Savannakhet city (Opposite to the Lao Derm Restaurant) Open 09:00-11:00 (Open service) and 14:00-15:30 (Monday-Friday). Tel: (856-41) 212 373, 252 080, Fax. (856-41)212 370, 252 078. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa to Vietnam
- People of Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Laos are not required to have visa in advance for visiting Vietnam within 30 days.
- Philippines passport holders are not required to have visa in advance for visiting Vietnam within 21 days.
- People of Brunei, Korea, Japan & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) are not required to have visa in advance for visiting Vietnam within 15 days.
- Though, these people are required to have passport and return tickets.
- All other nationalities are required to get Vietnam entry visa prior to departure from Vietnamese embassies / consulates.
- Please contact Vietnam Consulate for details.
Vietnam Consulate. Sisavangvong road, lattanalangsyneu village, Savannakhet city (Near the Dao Heuang Duty Shop) Open 07:30-11:00 and 13:30-16:00 (Monday-Friday). Tel: (856-41) 212 182, 212 418. E-mail: email@example.com
Visa to Cambodia
- People of Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam are not required to get visa in advance to visit Cambodia. Other nationalities are required to obtain visa from Cambodian Embassies.
- For detail, please contact the Embassy of Cambodia.
Embassy of Cambodia in Laos (Vientiane), Thadeua Road, KM2 Vientiane, B.P.34 Lao, Vientiane. Tel: (8562) 131 4950/4952 Fax: (8562) 131 4951. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org